Saturday, March 07, 2009

Spring is here?!?!?!

Woke up and it was such a nice day already, I went for a bike ride before doing anything else. The sun was shining and the birds were all singing. I headed out Griffith Ave to Shifley Park, where I caught the Greenbelt to the softball complex. From there, I headed out West Fifth Ave towards Sorgho. My legs felt pretty good, but were getting a work out in the wind. It was out of the SW at 25 mph, so basically, right in my face. However, I knew it would be behind me on the way back, so I pushed on.

Made it out to my goal - the Green River. Stopped for some water and watched the river for a few minutes meandering along. Then it was time to head back home the way I had come. My legs felt pretty good and still had acceleration left in me. I also appreciated some help from the wind. It was so nice to finally be outside and have the temps in the high 60s. I certainly hope this weather is here to stay. Monday night club rides should be starting since this weekend is Daylight Savings time, too.


Today's Mileage: 25.17 miles
2009 YTD Mileage: 38.6 miles
Miles to 2009 goal of 1,000 miles: 961.4
Avg Price of Gas in the 'boro: $1.85

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter