Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bellevue Biathlon

Saturday was the 3rd annual Bellevue Biathlon. It started with a 5k run through the surrounding neighborhood and then a 11 mile bike ride out to Veach Road, South past the Owensboro Country Club to Sutherland road. It goes south until it hits a T intersection, when you turn around and ride back into town to Bellevue Baptist on Byers Avenue. I was able to run a 5k under 30 minutes and then caught and passed maybe a dozen people on the bike ride. Going south there were strong headwinds, so I only managed 14-15 mph. However, once I turned around and had the tailwind, I was going 21-22 mph! I felt fast and strong!!! I finished in about 1 hour 10 minutes. That was at least 10 minutes better than my time last year. Next up are some Owensboro Bike Club rides during the week, the Ride for the Red Cross on 7 June 2008 and then the LakeWood Valley triathlon the following week.

Today's Mileage: 11.2 miles
2008 YTD Mileage: 110.6 miles
Miles to reach 2008 goal of 750 miles: 639.4
Avg Price of Gas in the 'boro: $3.68

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter