Monday, August 04, 2008

Monday Night Ride

I joined the ride tonight after a long weekend. It felt good to stretch my legs a bit after the triathlon. I said I wasn't going to go out fast and I didn't on the first lap. On the second lap I did okay, until we turned at the big tree (which is no more), now just a big stump. Then I just couldn't resist seeing if I could catch a group about a 1/4 mile ahead of us. I finally managed to catch them and rode in with them until the last turn back to the park, when a sprint broke out. I hung on Jaime's back wheel for a bit and then eventually passed her to try and catch David, but faded at the end. It was cool that I have some sprint in me now. I might pay for it tomorrow, but it felt good tonight, even though it was quite warm this evening.

Today's Mileage: 20 miles
2008 YTD Mileage: 484.8 miles
Miles to reach 2008 goal of 750 miles: 265.2
Avg Price of Gas in the 'boro: $3.68

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter