Monday, July 07, 2008

Monday ride @ Panther Creek Park


I joined the Owensboro Bicycle Club Monday night ride at Panther Creek. I was a little tired, but made it out there in time. We had good weather for the ride after some rain earlier in the day. We took off and I did one lap of the hills and then another flat lap. I got dropped on the third hill (it's always the third hill) and rode alone most of the remainder of the ride (until a group caught me and passed me before the second lap. I kept them in my sights, but couldn't catch them. I still managed to maintain a 17.6 mph avg for the ride. The more time in the saddle, the stronger rider I get. It helps to ride with people better than you to push you, too.

Today's Mileage: 23.1 miles
2008 YTD Mileage: 359 miles
Miles to reach 2008 goal of 750 miles: 391
Avg Price of Gas in the 'boro: $3.97

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter