Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Spirit of Racine Sprint Triathlon



Saturday was a beautiful day for a triathlon. I went
to SE Wisconsin for another sprint triathlon. It was a
comfortable 68 degrees, with little humidity, and a
lovely blue sky. Everything was perfect...right up
until we entered the crystal blue Lake Michigan
waters.

To say there were waves is an understatement. It was
very choppy and I couldn't get any rhythm going. Many
people even had to hang onto the boats and boogie
boards to catch their breath. Luckily, I didn't do
that, but I probably could've a few times. When I
finally got out of the water, I hopped on the bike for
a 20k ride on a fast, flat course. That was so much
fun. I had a nice pace going and even hit 20mph on the
way back. After that, the 5k run went on a bike path
along the beach and past the Racine zoo.

I managed to improve my times a bit - finished in 2
hours 5 minutes. I think some of that was due to my
family cheering section, from my parents, nieces and
nephew and sister and brother-in-law. I was exhausted
by the end, but after a nap, I am ready for the next
one, as long as it isn't so windy.

This weekend's Mileage: 12.4 miles
2007 Year to Date Mileage: 185.7 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter